8/10/2007

Mini Progress Report

I don't have a whole lot of progress to report, but I did spend some time sanding the stairs two weekends ago. Last weekend I was sick, so all of my energy was spent laying in bed and hoping to feel better by the time I had to go back to the academy. Tomorrow has been scheduled as a work day, though, and I'm determined to make some progress.


Tonight Shayne and I are going to Lowes so I can get a respirator and maybe a Zip Wall. I'd like to set it up over the doorway into the dining room so that the dust stays out of there. I'm also going to purchase some primer to paint over the red in the living room. I've finally decided it's just not the way I want to go. I love the red so much though, that it may just be the new kitchen color. Who knows. I can't possibly think that far ahead.


Also on the list of things to do in the immediate future is painting the little front bedroom. It's a gawd-awful yellow and green combination that grates on my nerves every time I look at it. Perhaps a nice soothing caramel color with white woodwork? That might be next weekend's project. I only have 1.5 days off next weekend (5 day week at the academy, return Sunday night), so I don't want to do anything that requires a lot of clean-up. Other than paint, that room is actually finished (at least until we refinish the upstaris floors), so it's time to start making it liveable and useful. Right now all it's doing is collecting junk and not doing anyone any good.

More tomorrow...

No comments: