- Vacuum, dust, and mop throughout your home
- Clean your entrance and any related closets (this could be scary, since my "entrance" is my laundry room)
- Arrange to have all repairs taken care of within the next 3 weeks
- Declutter your entrance
- Move all old mail, catalogues, and magazines to the Outbox
- Look into what you would need to create a "Landing Strip"
- Cancel any unused subscriptions
- Identify "cool" and "warm" rooms
- Apply the 80/20 color rule
- Cook 2 meals at home
Until we expand the back porch into a mud room, it remains our laundry room and tool storage. I'd love to get a stackable washer and dryer to save space, but our budget doesn't allow for it at this point (unless the old ones break...!). There are lots of cabinets out there, but the biggest one is hogged by all of the tools, paint, and shellac. I'm going to buy a couple shelving/storage units for the basement and move everything down there instead. That will free up room for cleaning products and pet food bags. I think I'll definitely get some use out of the Outbox while doing this...
We get lots of catalogues and junk mail, but just about everything goes straight into the recycling bin. Almost all of our bills are paid online, so we rarely have any "real" mail to attend to.
I'm finding it hard not to get ahead of myself. As I come up with ideas for one part of our home, it branches out into other spaces. I have difficulty sticking to one thing when there's so much going on in my head...