- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry (more if covering larger than a 9" casserole)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 chicken breast halves, cooked (or 2 cups leftover chicken)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 10 3/4 oz can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 small can of peas
- 1 small can of carrots
- 1 tsp minced garlic (optional)
- salt and pepper (optional)
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Cut each sheet of frozen puff pastry into 1-inch strips. On a large cookie sheet, weave strips into a lattice large enough to cover pot pie. Brush beaten egg onto lattice square. Bake for 5 minutes, or until dough has risen and turned light golden brown. Set aside until ready to assemble pie. Leave oven on at 350 degrees F.
In a 2 quart casserole, layer the chicken, carrots, and peas. Mix the broth with the soup and season with garlic, salt and pepper, if desired. Bake covered at 350° F for 25 - 35 minutes. Remove from oven and add pre-baked lattice square. Bake for an additional 5 minutes.
It's actually a very simple recipe, and additional types of vegetables (green beans, corn, etc.) can be added if desired.