3/01/2006

The ants go marching...

No, we don't have a problem with ants. Or earwigs. Or thousand-leggers. And, ironically, that's the problem. Since we moved into this house, we haven't seen a single bug inside of it. How many old houses have no bugs? We have lots of creepy-crawlies on the outside, especially in the summer, but not a one inside. This is the first place that I've ever lived in that had no bugs. Ever.

And now that I opened by big mouth, God will send a plague of locusts down upon me for my unapprecative comments...

2 comments:

Bonk at Home said...

After looking at the pictures of the living room I'm not sure I would want to live there either. Kidding aside, not having any bugs is a great sign that your house is in good shape and weather tight. And if you have a basement or crawlspace then it is probably pretty dry which is a good thing too. Recently we had started seeing those awful house centipedes on our second floor. Dumbfounded us for a while, then we found out the soap dish was leaking in the shower and behind the wall ( see, it is beneficial to take loooong showers ) I sealed it up and no more bugs.

AMSartor said...

Our house has very few bugs as well, which is odd considering how many nests (and varieties) of ants I found in our back yard last summer. The only type of bug that I do see inside is enourmous house spiders. I mean, huge, harry things. I think that might be why I don't see anything else, I guess the big ones are really good hunters. And luckily, we have a cat who is very fond of the big, harry spiders, so the cycle of life continues.