12/19/2008

Vintage-Modern love

A few months ago we walked into Target, and I fell in love...
This is the Crosley Solo "audiophile" radio.  It's only about 5 by 7", but has fantastic sound.  Although it only has one speaker, it will supposedly mimic surround sound.  Since Shayne got it for me for my birthday, I can say that it will absolutely fill a room with music, and the sound quality is excellent.  There's an auxillary switch for me to plug in my mp3 player or XM.  I occasionally had the radio on in the house before, but now I switch it on as soon as I come home at night and first thing in the morning.  If nothing else, classical Christmas music sounds gorgeous on this wonderful little contraption.  And, it looks pretty sitting on the bookcase; it doesn't look old, but it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb like a normal new radio would in a room full of vintage furniture.
I'm in love...  <3

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oo... that is nice!

Admin said...

Cool! at Target?

Di said...

Hubby got mine at BestBuy.com. Target has the same model, but in a black and silver color scheme. It's a little less expensive than the one with the walnut case, but just as gorgeous.