4/17/2007

Isn't it ironic.... Don'cha think?

Instead of the predicted 2-3 week wait, the rug arrived today. The pad isn't here yet (??), but that's the least of my concerns right now. Of course, being as patient as I am, I dragged it into the house, ripped off the plastic, and spread it out on the living room floor. And, somewhat surprisingly, I like it. Even more surprising, is that it looks good with the red and gold walls that are currently in the living room. It also looks good with the gold walls upstairs. So now I'm going to have fits again over the colors.



The wall colors never show up quite right in the photos... I think it has something to do with the flash washing it out. Both colors are much richer in person, and the "hubbard squash" is more golden and less yellow. The rug in the second pic looks almost exactly like it does in real life, though. It's a little too green in the first one. Maybe tomorrow I'll try the pics with a tripod and timer instead, to see if I can get it right.

I'm really surprised that the rug doesn't look bad with the red, which is almost what I had hoped for. It would make the wall color decision much easier! I think I'm still leaning towards "hubbard squash" or a "caramel"-type color for the walls.

More to come in the morning...

1 comment:

The Litter Box House said...

Nice rug! I just may need to check out that site myself. I still need to find rugs for the living room and 2 bedrooms...