12/15/2008

She's making a list...

Of all the crap I still need to accomplish, preferably before I'm pregnant again.  It's not a big list.  It's not even a terribly difficult list.  It just requires time.  That's what I'd like for Christmas, Santa.  MORE TIME.

Since Shayne's on midnights and I'm on afternoons, there's no good time to accomplish anything together.  His days off are so screwy that we hardly have any together.  He's working afternoons for the rest of the month I think, so tonight when we're both home, I really want to accomplish something.

Finishing the upstairs was on my list of New Year's Resolutions.  With only 2 weeks left to go, I think we're going to fall miserably short.  Here are the things we have left to do:
  1. Finish skimcoating the office walls
  2. Frame over the existing closet opening and rough in the new one
  3. Drywall over the closet door opening
  4. Paint office
  5. Move bedroom into office
  6. Remove paneling and funky built-in shelf from bedroom
  7. Frame divider between the two closets
  8. Drywall bedroom wall and closet divider wall
  9. Refinish bedroom floor
  10. Refinish office floor
  11. Refinish nursery floor
  12. Replace/recreate missing trim in office
Looks kinda like a seriously messed up version of the 12 days of Christmas.  "On the first day of Christmas, my house made me..." Ugh.  The thing is, it could be done in 12 days.  At least if I were a highly motivated, highly dedicated individual.  I'm just highly wishful and lazy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happened to the stairway??

Anonymous said...

I know - Thanks, Mom!

ever-re said...

gotta love the project list...lol
home project