12/22/2008

I should be hibernating

Yesterday at this time, it was a whopping -2°F.  Today, it's 0°.  I normally like winter, but this is a little too cold for me.  The heat is clicking on about 10 minutes after it shuts off, and our storm windows are covered in frost.  Our thermostat is set at 68°, I'm wearing a long-sleeved shirt under a hoodie, sweatpants, and down slippers, and I'm still chilly!  Brrr!  Times like this make me thankful that our house is insulated and that we have a reasonably efficient furnace.  I'm still dreading the gas bill, but it shouldn't be too bad. 

Tonight we're going to Lowes to get the 2 by 4s to frame in the closet openings.  I doubt we'll see much progress on it before the New Year's, but at least we'll have the materials on-hand.  Maybe someday soon we'll even work on the office..!

No comments: