11/12/2005

Thank God for 3-day weekends...

And not just this week - all the time! Of course, I have to work a 6 day week, but I get 20 more days off per year than a 5-and-2 schedule. I'm hoping to get some serious work done on the wallpaper removal. I'd have to say that I'm about 50% done as far as the amount of paper is concerned. Labor-wise, maybe 30%. that last coat is a beast, even with the sander. It's going SO much faster than before, though, so I'm thrilled.

Walking downstairs to a hardwood floor every morning is making me so happy... It makes a huge difference in the character of the house. It actually looks like an old house now, instead of a 80's explosion. Every time I look at it, I just imagine how nice it will look with all the moulding stripped, and the walls and floor looking fresh and new...

Is there really anything more fulfilling than restoring your own home?

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

I know how you feel- wish I had more time and energy for the house too.

Some might say having children is- but I haven't experienced that yet. My sister is about to have her first baby and I a looking forward to being an auntie though.