11/23/2005

A "Lack of Progress" report

House work has still been at a minimum this week... Shayne got all of the furring blocks off of the ceiling, though, and the drywall guy is coming tomorrow. No, we're not going to drywall the living room...! He's going to skimcoat the ceiling and walls for us. Tomorrow is just a "let's see what we have here" day, since the plaster washers haven't arrived yet.

I stripped a little wallpaper this evening, but I'm taking it slow, since I don't want to anger my shoulder. It's still a little achy. I was planning on doing more work today, but got interrupted by being called into work. I'm on the Detention Response Team (basically the jail's SWAT team), and we're on-call 24 hours a day. I got 4 hours of overtime out of it, though, so I really can't complain. I have tomorrow off too, so hopefully I'll have some more progress to report.

2 comments:

Christopher Busta-Peck said...

I must have missed something here - is this skimcoating over awful spikey plaster, or just over an uneven ceiling?

Di said...

Chris - It had a bit of texture, but it was more of a sandy texture than spikey. The worst part was just the general unevenness. Even with plaster washers and removing the worse spots, the ceiling is still very wavy after skimcoating. The nice thing about an old house, though, is that I can call it "personality" (or maybe a "character flaw")!