- "canning" maple syrup that I bought in bulk from the farmer's market. I bought a half-gallon and repackaged it into pints so that it wouldn't crystallize before I could use it.
- mixing up a bit of BBQ sauce in a half-pint jar to take out to the grill
- packing up leftovers from dinner (pint)
- repackaging honey from the store that was in a plastic jug. I can't remember why I bought this instead of local honey, but it was starting to crystallize. The narrow mouth of the plastic made it really hard to get to the honey, and I was hesitant to put the plastic in the microwave.
- making sun tea (half gallon)
- a makeshift coffee mug
Today really brought home how much I love canning jars. They're so convenient for so many things, that I can't figure out how some people live without them. Just today I used them for: