6/06/2009

Hurry up and wait

Because he has a family and two "real" jobs, Tony the Drywall Guy hasn't been able to come over very often or for very long.  Next week, his family obligations are cleared up, and he said he'll stay until we kick him out!  I can't wait, since I'm a little tired of living and sleeping in a construction zone.  I'm hoping things go as planned and he can completely finish the job within 2 weeks.  I've got my fingers crossed...

While I'm waiting, I've been trying to organize all the hand-me-down baby items I've acquired.  My sister-in-law and cousins have been very generous, and a co-worker's wife has also offered all of her baby clothes, plus another friend is sending me some.  Yipes!  This kid isn't even born yet and already has more clothes than me!  I've got clothes from newborn all the way up to 3T.  Onesies, sleepers, blankets, socks, hats, coats, shoes, shirts...  I could probably open a store with all the baby clothes I have.  And I haven't even had my shower yet!  If anyone I know reads this, please don't get me any clothes!!

Our little garden is also slowly starting to grow.  We're going to have a ton of broccoli, and just the right amount of tomatoes and peppers to not be overwhelmed.  Now if the berries would just show up at the farmers market I could start making my jam...  We're also just about out of our freezer stash of veggies.  I think all I have left is some freezer-burnt broccoli (we still use it in stir-fry) and a few bags of corn.  I'm trying to be patient, but fresh fruit and veggies just sound SO good...

1 comment:

Casey said...

When baby comes and starts to get older you'll love that you have tons of clothes, especially the bigger sizes! I got a ton of clothes for our son when I was pregnant from family and friends, but they were all 6 months and under. Once he needed 9+ months I went to his closet to get clothes and had nothing! It definitely gets to be spendy not having clothes stocked up for the next sizes. I'll also admit I was pretty picky in what I wanted/kept and now I wish I had kept what I got rid of! Just thought I'd share! :-) Congrats on baby!