9/27/2008

Home Improvement Extravaganza: Day 4

Here are a few photos of the disassembled stairway:
After the photo, Shyane vacuumed out the dirt and nastiness from the lath.  It's much less scary looking now, and all of the visible wood has been sanded with coarse paper.  I need to go over it with 120 grit, then 220 grit.

Yesterday, I sealed the pieces in preparation for stain.  I had some errands to run, so I didn't make as much progress as I had hoped for.  We're having a family dinner at our house today, but I'd like to get the last little bit of sanding done on the upper stairs, then seal them and maybe even stain.  Thankfully, the only other chores I have to do is to wash the dining room floor and clean up the kitchen a bit, so I should have plenty of time.

I am going out of town tomorrow to see my grandma, so the projects are on hold until Wednesday.  Just so y'all know I'm not slacking, I'm just not here.  Maybe Shayne will get more sanding done while I'm gone...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Looks like our gutted bathroom did a month ago. Enjoy your break....the good thing about getting away is we come home refreshed and ready to tackle the next bit of work.....so they say, anyway. We can always hope...have a good time.