3/24/2008

If you can't say something nice...

I'd really like to say nice things, but I've really been in sort of a funk lately. I'm pissed off at the world and the apathetic attitudes so many people seem to have. About everything. Politics, religion, crime and punishment, taxes, the economy, old houses... You name it, I have something crappy to say about it. I hate when I get like this.

Work on the house is coming slowly, as usual. We've had a pretty cruddy couple of months financially, getting hit every whichway with unexpected expenses. And now today Bach had to go to the vet for a back problem. I'm so thankful that our house has been well-maintained overall. The major stuff (electric, plumbing, heat, air conditioning, insulation) has already been done, so we don't have to worry about those failing. Thank God. I'll feel much better when we've got our tax return back and in the bank.

Shayne and I have the next 3 days off together, so we'll be working on the house a bit together. One of our goals is to make a timetable with small, attainable goals on it, so we can actually feel like we're making progress, even when we're just picking away at a bigger project. I'm an instant gratification kind of gal, so that should help me see that I really am getting somewhere!

I'm nearly done painting the little front bedroom (it only took a month...), and I'll put the second coat of paint on the trim tomorrow. Even knowing we'll strip the trim in there someday, I still feel bad painting it. But hey, white is much better than lime green!

No comments: