6/03/2010

Vacation? What vacation?

Today's my last day of my 12 day vacation.  I think I did everything but relax!  The chicken coop is nearly done, and the house is secured for the chicks to stay out there instead of in the kitchen (YAY!!).  Having them in the house was cute for about a week, then the constant peeping started driving me mad.  We also had the floors sanded, and I applied 6 coats of dewaxed shellac (Zinsser SealCoat) to them.  My knees and back were killing me for about 4 days.  I'm still working on moving all of the stuff out of the living room, but the upstairs is MUCH more organized now.  I have 2 Rubbermaid containers of things that I can't unpack yet, since we don't have a desk for office supplies or a bookshelf for the books, but I suppose 2 organized containers is better than 2 rooms full of unsorted junk, right?

Yesterday I got more tomatoes and the broccoli planted, and I found a volunteer lettuce that sprouted from seed in a flower pot.  The peas aren't growing, and I'm not sure why.  We've had plenty of rain...

Today... I don't know.  I'd like to take it easy and relax, but it's kind of hard with all my chores staring me in the face...

No comments: